Diet is one of the most effective methods not only for weight loss but also for various diseases (eg diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.). Doctors confirm that the DASH diet is one of the most effective diets in use, strengthening a person’s health. Let’s take a look at some of the factors that have contributed to the Dash Diet being called the best.
01.What is the Dash Diet?
DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) is a specially improved diet to reduce high blood pressure in a person suffering from hypertension. Although it was originally called a diet to control high blood pressure, scientists have found that it can play a key role in lowering cholesterol levels, preventing sudden heart attacks and heart failure, and maintaining a normal body mass.
They point out that the Dash Diet is one of the best ways to control and prevent diabetes.
02.Dash Diet Concept
The diet incorporates a more balanced supply of nutrients (calcium, protein, fiber, etc.) that are essential for the proper functioning and health of the brain and internal organs as well as the whole body, including hair and skin. Therefore, there is no need to pay extra attention or measure the nutrients one by one, so you can add the recommended food to your diet without any problems.
It is important to include the recommended foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein foods, dairy products) in your diet and to use salt regularly. The difference between the Dash Diet and other diets is that they are specifically developed in an effort to minimize the risk to a person’s life due to health risks. If you do not want to go hungry with this diet, you can enjoy delicious food. But there are also some basic rules that you must remember.
03.Basic rules to follow
- What matters most is not the quantity you eat but the quality of the food. So keep these points in mind and follow them.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Eat five meals a day. One meal should not exceed 215 g.
- The daily caloric intake should be approximately 2000-2500 kcal.
- Do not eat sweets more than five times a week.
- Eat more whole grains, nuts, beans, lean meats and vegetables.
- Avoid drinking soda or alcohol.
Do not take more than 8 snacks a day.
- Tobacco and smoking should be stopped.
- Consumption of salt should be limited to 2-3 teaspoons per day.
- Whole wheat bread is best used in the diet.
- It is important to limit your intake of fried foods, high fat foods, pickles, pastries, canned fish and meats.
04.What foods can you eat?
The nature of your goal is also very important if you want to control your diet according to the Dash Diet system. For example, do you want to lose weight? Or, to keep the body healthy? For disease control? That is. If your goal is to lose weight, your diet should be low in calories. In other words, it is important to limit the number of servings per day.
Your diet should include the following foods.
- Cereal: Eat these as 7 servings a day. (Add one slice of bread, 1/2 cup of cooked pasta and 1/2 cup of porridge at a time.)
- Fruits: Do not eat more than 5 times a day. (One fruit at a time, 1/4 cup of dried fruit, 1/2 cup of fruit juice)
- Vegetables: Five times a day (eat 1/2 cup of boiled vegetables once a day)
- Fat-free dairy products: 2-3 times a day (about 50 grams of cheese or 0.15 liters of milk per week)
- Cereals, beans and other nuts: 5 times a week (about 40 grams at a time)
- Animal or vegetable oils: 3 times a day (once a day = 1 teaspoon of olive oil or linseed oil)
- Sweets: Do not eat more than 5 times a week (1 teaspoon of jam, etc.)
- Fluids: About 2 liters per day (water, gourd tea, fruit juice)
- Protein: 7 ounces of lean meats, fish and eggs
05.Things to avoid when eating
It is very important to avoid the following types of foods and beverages that are harmful to the body.
(Eg fast foods, alcoholic beverages, processed foods, fatty foods, sweets and soda drinks)
No matter how much you like these foods, they are very harmful to your body. So gradually try to keep them away from consumption. It is a very beneficial step for your health.
06.How to plan a diet?
You can plan your own meal with the do’s and don’ts in mind. They should be in accordance with the recommended diet. There is a very simple thing to do when planning a diet. Adding healthy foods and eliminating unhealthy foods from your daily diet. If your goal is to lose weight, remember to limit the number of servings mentioned above.
The Dash Diet is a very simple, healthy and effective diet. This will help you to lose weight fast and keep your body healthy. This method has the great advantage of being able to lose weight quickly while enjoying your favorite foods rather than being hungry and controlling your diet. This will not cause problems such as occasional weight loss. So you can keep your body healthy without unnecessary stress.