We can mention Instagram is one of the most popular social media platform involving more than a billion users. Sometimes Hateful comments, irrelevant content may make the way you leave the community. You might be fed up with your addiction towards Instagram account. If you are now in a need of disowning your Instagram account, this is the one you should read. Gratefully you’re not bound to this permanently, since it’s a free service there’s no cancellation charge to concern. Mainly Your Instagram content will be deleted permanently from the web. Therefore deleting is the irreplaceable step. Be warned, if you go through relevant steps in the below you’ll be deleting your account. Let’s see How to delete Instagram account in 2020.
The new 2020 Update of Insta
In this platform’s new features have felt reactive through the past few months. New features are modifying rapidly to the new era that we’re acting as social users. These are offering new features that will be valuable to the brands, influencers, and users as soon as possible. One example is Users and brands love creators, and they can actually encourage more users up to IGTV, which they’re desperately aspiring to do. Because of this, Instagram is offering new ways for creators to make money on the platform, especially given the tough and uncertain economic times.
What really happens to your account after deleting?
However, It is now becoming quite trendy to have anti-social life, simply means without having social media apps on your phone. Sometimes all that endless scrolling can be too much of a disturbance or simply not useful anymore, In that case, you can always delete your Instagram account freely. When you delete your account, Instagram will do just delete your account and everything on it. That means all of your photos, likes, and comments will be lastingly removed. If you change your mind after fully deleting your account, there is no going back. You cannot rebuild an old account, and you cannot bring back deleted data. You can create a new account with the same username, but you will be starting from zero again.
Take a break instead of deleting.
You can consider about two options when it comes to taking an Instagram pause. If you want to make your break is only temporary, you should select the simple step of deactivation of your account for a period. If you are in a mood like ‘I need this but not now’, don’t make hasty decision to delete it. There is also the option of ‘Deactivate your account’ like all other apps. We like to suggest that temporarily disabling your account option also before going through the process of deleting. You will log out and it hides the profile by disabling it.
How to disable my account – How to delete Instagram account
1. Go to Instagram.com from your phone or computer web browser. You cannot do it by using the mobile app.
2. Log in to the account if prompted to do so.
3. Click or tap on the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Click or tap Edit Profile.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the web page.
6. Then you find ‘ Temporarily disable my account’ which is located right after the Submit tab.
Download Your Instagram Data before the deletion.
Once you decided to delete your account be aware that after deleting there is no returning to your Instagram account. You will not be able to sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account. After that, there’ll no access to data in the specific old account. So it is wise to download it before. Through that, you will have all the photos, videos that you have posted over time. To download a copy of your Instagram data:
- Log into your profile and tap the profile icon in the lower right corner. 2. Select the three vertical lines in the top right corner 3. Then tap Settings at the bottom of the list.
- Click on the ‘Data Download’ tab and click ‘Request Download’. 5. Enter the valid email address where you want to receive a link to your Instagram data,
- Here you need your relevant password.
- Within two days of the time, you will receive an email with a link to all your information, titled ‘Your Instagram Data’. 8. Click ‘Download Data’.
Importance of downloading your Instagram History
Within that period, the Instagram team will send you a whole file of your profile to the email address you gave. It is containing your photos, comments, profile information, and everything else you may need to access after deleting. Even if you think you’ll never need this data again, it’s a vital action to certifying that your data is recorded with you if you ever want to view it again. If you avoid this step, you’ll lose out on all your data in the account entirely. Even though you will never get them how hard you may try.
Let’s delete the account – How to delete Instagram account
Permanently deleting your Instagram account may seem like a complex thing, but if you’re ready to make more time and space in your own real life, it’s really easy to be done than you are assuming. After you have downloaded your data, Firstly You must log in to your account to request deletion. It is necessary to remember your password or username to request the permanent deletion of your account 1. Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first. Unfortunately, there is no way to delete or disable an account without login. So you need the password and username
- Special note that you can’t delete your account from through the Instagram app.
- Next, Select one option from the drop-down menu next to why are you deleting your account? Give the answer you prefer.
- After that, you need to re-enter your password. Permanently deleting your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
- Finally, Click on the tab ‘Permanently delete my account’.
After you hit the ‘permanently delete my account’ tab your Instagram account will be deleted instantly unlike in Facebook. On Facebook, your account will disable and in a queue to permanently delete for two weeks. This information is not accessible to other people using Instagram While deleting. You don’t have the same chance here when deleting the Insta account to ensure your decision about deleting it.
Deleting multiple Instagram accounts. – How to delete Instagram account
Sometimes you may have multiple Instagram accounts with a set-up of a single login. You may be now confused with how to delete them also. It is also simple and the same as alike above procedure. You can remove any of these multiple accounts at any time you wish. To remove an account you’ve linked to a single login follow below steps one by one.
- Click or tap the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click or tap next to the Edit Profile and select Log Out.
- Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the same directions above